Romans 12: 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.
I have been thinking about what my response to Jesus dying for me is, or should be, and came up with this Bible reading. As I was thinking about it last night, I realised that sacrifices aren't easy. They are messy, noisy, and smelly. The thing to be sacrificed is not happy about it.Jesus wasn't even particularly happy about sacrificing Himself, but recognised that He needed to so that Gods plan would be fulfilled. So to be a living sacrifice is not easy, or pleasant, but Jesus went through with it, and so in response to that we should.
Song number 512 in The salvation Army song book says this.
1.My life must be Christ's broken bread,
My love his outpoured wine,
A cup o'erfilled, a table spread
Beneath his name and sign.
That other souls, refreshed and fed,
May share his life through mine.
2.My all is in the Master's hands
For him to bless and break;
Beyond the brook his winepress stands
And thence my way I take,
Resolved the whole of love's demands
To give, for his dear sake.
3.Lord, let me share that grace of thine
Wherewith thou didst sustain
The burden of the fruitful vine,
The gift of buried grain.
Who dies with thee, O Word divine,
Shall rise and live again.
Albert Orsborn (1886-1967)
Thursday, April 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment