Tuesday, March 7

Presents.

I was challenged on Sunday about whether I take God's gift of nature for granted. I have to say honestly that I do. This is because I grew up on a housing estate where you could see the hills in the distance and sometimes sheep were grazing on these hills. It just seemed like the normal thing to walk home from school and see these sheep. But now, in the heart of London's East End I have no fields to look upon. No sheep graze in my neighbourhood. Nevertheless, I still see God's beauty here. I see works of grace everyday as I go about my life. I look up to the sky and think how beautiful it is sometimes. I also can see a cross of airoplane vapours occasionally. I always remember at this time that God loves me.

I don't think I wake up every morning thankful that I have woken up, but this is the most simple, but most important gifts that God gives us. I have a photo frame that says on it "every day is a gift, that's why it's called the present"

No comments: