Wednesday, March 22

Are we Celts?

I have been going to a local Lent series the past two weeks. (I missed the first one because I forgot it was happening!) I learned a lot last night both from the speaker and from our small group discussion. One of the things that came out from the discussion was that the Celts knew that God was already in everything that happened. Now we tend to put God into things. An example I can think of is when we are in our meetings and invite God into the preceedings. God is already there, so it is insulting to say to God "We're here God, come and join us" Or what we usually say is "we ask that you will be here among us at this time of worship". Something we Salvationists have in common with the Celts is our total reliance on God for everything. We hand over everything to Him. Our time, our talents, our money and He takes care of it all for us.

No comments: