Thursday, March 9
Hidden Agenda?
I had a really hectic day yesterday. Patrick was on top form showing off to everyone who was watching or listening to him in the Coffee Shop. I also tried to put up a trampoline for the Parent And Toddlers whilst it was quiet in the coffee shop. In the evening I did cooking with two six year olds where I burned the chocolate when I was trying to melt it. All in all it was a busy day! I thought about a blog I had read recently that spoke about two ladies who were the face of The Salvation Army to the people in their town. They didn't have any hidden agenda's, they just did what they could for the people because they loved them. I would like to think that this is the way that I "do mission" in my life. Yesterday, whilst Patrick was showing off, I wasn't thinking about how this could work to get people saved. Or when I burnt the Chocolate I wasn't thinking of any slick ways to turn that into a sermon illustration. It gets me cross when people analyse things too much. I like the simple gospel for the whosever. I like to do things because it's what comes naturally, and pray that it will still be that way even after my training for Salvation Army officership.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment