Monday, February 13
All alone
I was watching the only soap opera that I follow tonight and was reminded of when I had my last operation on my ear. The reason I was reminded of this was because one of the new characters had to have an operation on his ear and the bandage brought all my memories flooding back. I could even remember how I felt after coming round from the op. I think my operation was on a Friday afternoon, and I was still living at home at the time, so Bram was around 300 miles away. I came round from the op and asked if my Mum was coming to visit, and the nurse told me she was. I kept myself awake for over an hour waiting for my Mum and Dad to arrive, but they didn't come. This was the only time that I've ever been in hospital and not had any visitors. My Mum came to collect me the following day, but I just remember the feeling of being abandoned and alone because I hadn't had any visitors. But really, there are plenty of people who sit at home all day never seeing anyone, or not having any friends or family to care for them. This is why I try to talk to people who come into our centre. I don't find it particularly easy to talk to people I don't know, but I try to anyway, because I may be the only friendly face that that person sees that week or day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment