Friday, May 5

What God has said to me this week

The lessons that I have learnt this week are

1. People matter
2. I need to keep up a daily quiet time with a Bible reading and a devotional.

How I have been taught this.

1. I have had an insightful conversation with someone who quite regularly comes into our centre this week. From this conversation I have learnt a lot about this person. He is now a person to me and not just someone who prefers to spend his money on alcohol instead of buying food. This came about because I was chatting with Victor who regularly comes into our centre, and the other person came in. Victor told me that this person plays the flute, and this opened up an amazing conversation about music, commitment, and the fact he is ashamed because he doesn’t have a job. I think that this also teaches me to not be so cynical about people.
2. I will be honest and say that I find it difficult to set aside time for devotions. I realise that if I don’t do this, then God will not be able to teach me new things, and I will be stuck for sermon idea’s and things.

No comments: