Sunday, July 17

The Unexpected

Today I've been thinking about things being different to what you expect them to be like. In Canada, everything I expected to be the same as in UK was different and everything I expected to be different was the same! On my way back from the meeting at the Salvation Army this morning, I was stopped by 2 Jehovah's Witnesses. Now, in my home town, if you see Jehovah's Witnesses, you know that you are going to have a lengthy conversation with them. Especially if you accept their literature, but today, they stopped me, asked me if I'd take one of their leaflets, then walked away! I felt cheated! I wanted a conversation with them about God but they seemed to just want to get away. I hope I don't look that scary in my uniform!

As I was thinking this through, I started thinking about the bible. It seems to be full of the unexpected. The sermon this afternoon was about a woman who had been caught cheating on her husband. The people wanted to stone her, so they asked Jesus what to do. He said "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." I don't think the people expected that!

No comments: