Sunday, July 31

Time Out

Today has been a good day. This morning everyone was really chatty and noisy but this afternoon was totally different. We had a prayer meeting this afternoon. A time to reflect on our needs and the needs of others. As usual my mind was wandering. I was thinking about my assessment conference in December. That's a big weekend in December, and the final result of it is whether you get accepted into training for Salvation Army officership or not. For some reason I was worrying about how I would feel afterwards. I wasn't wondering how I would feel during it though. I'm so strange sometimes! I decided that I would feel disappointed and gutted that I hadn't (or had) said certain things. The main thing for me to concentrate on now is preparing myself for it.

It was really good to be able to take time out of the busy week we've just had, and are going to have and concentrate on God. It's a biblical principle so why don't we do it more????

No comments: