I had an interesting conversation this week concerning Social Action. Why do we serve the road sweepers their breakfast every morning? Why do we provide a safe place for Parents to bring their kids to play? Why do we offer cheap clothes to the public? Why do we do what we do?
These are interesting questions. We have to be careful that we don't have ulterior motives. Before I came to Poplar, I used to think that if we weren't getting people into church through any activities then we should stop doing it, but now my views are changing. I was given an answer something along the lines of "to display Kingdom Values. People are attracted to us because of this." Is a difficult question, but I do what I do because I love people. As I write this, I think love is part of Kingdom Values. In the Kingdom, everyone is welcome, everyone is loved, everyone is accepted. I really hope that I help to display these values here.
Wednesday, June 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment