Wednesday, June 8

Who's church?

I'm currently reading a book on a church that God wants to take back for His use. It has got me thinking about my church.Do we listen to God enough? Is my church completely His? When we get new people in and they are gloriously saved who takes the credit? I know that I have been guilty of claiming a seeker during my meeting as my own. Of course it isn't my work. When someone goes to the mercy seat during a meeting they don't go because of the preacher, they go because God has spoken powerfully to them.
I also get frustrated when people argue about silly things like uniform. If they put more energy into listening to God and seeking His will in His church than if we should wear uniform or not, or any other silly arguments. I feel that discontent within the church is the work of the Devil.
The church is an instrument of God. Sometimes it's easier to get carried along and do things because you enjoy them, or because they have always been done. Now that The Salvation Army is over 100 years old we have a problem on our hands. Do we do things because it's Salvation Army tradition or because God wants us to do it?
I will leave you with that thought.

No comments: