Tuesday, August 22

How Far Can I See?

I have just been away on holiday to my Mum In Law's in Cornwall. We had a great time, and walked loads as we always do when we go on holiday. It was good to get away from it all, although it seemed that the whole of the UK was in Cornwall because it was so crowded. I liked to stand by the sea and look out to the horizon. My favourite question on holiday was "how far can we see?" When we stood by the sea the answer was about 13 miles. This didn't really impress me because I knew that if I was able to drive my car across the sea (which I know I obviously can't!) I would be able to reach the 13 miles in about half an hour. Whenever I came to a spot where I could see for miles and miles I would ask the same question, and usually get about the same answer.

As I looked towards the horizon, I realised exactly how insignificant I really am. I remembered the Psalm from the Bible that says "What is man that you are mindful of him?" It's funny how I felt so insignificant among the countryside. I pass by lots and lots of people every day here in London, and the thought has never crossed my mind, but suddenly, when faced with a vast expanse of countryside I realise how insignificant I really am. I really felt humble and thanked God every day for loving me even though I am only one person in this vast creation of His.

5 comments:

Thomas said...

Good to have you back!

Sorry i scared you in the market yesterday, it was just nice to see you again!

Roz Lynch said...

Hey Rhonda I looked at my blogroll and u are on it and have been...phew!

Thomas said...

Reading Roz's comment made me think about whether i had Rhonda's blog on my links and i realised i didn't. Well i have now!

Sarah YEAH? said...

i need to add you too Rhonda!.. yes that is right i've fallen into the trap that is known as blogging!

Rhonda Hayes said...

Yay!!!! I'm now officially in the Poplar bloggers gang!