it's official, I only have 2 weeks left of employment. after that, I will never be employed again. It seems strange thinking about that. In 3 weeks, I will enter the Salvation Army Training College as a Cadet of the God's Fellow Workers session. At the minute, this is only as far into the future that I can see. It makes a change for me to know what I'm doing in 3 weeks time!
For today and tomorrow, my attention is on Sunday. I am leading the meeting here at Poplar Corps, and luckily for me it is a Bank Holiday weekend so there won't be that many people at the meeting. I'm not too keen on leading meetings here, I don't know why, I just prefer leading them at my home corps. I think at my home corps, I don't feel like people listen to me as much as they do here.
The reason that I gave this entry the title that I have done, is because I am working the title through in my thoughts in relation to my testimony that I have to give a week on Sunday at my divisional farewell.
Friday, August 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey i heard you were doing the meeting on Sunday!
Im off to Caravan tomorrow so i will miss it. I know you will be fine.
I know you might not enjoy doing a meeting at Poplar but i hope you do another one in the future so i can be there!
Good Luck for Sunday!
I would offer to come to give u moral support (is the word moral?) on Sunday but it sounds like you'd prefer less people there...I'm sure u will be fine...
I don't know why people tell nervous speakers to imagine their audience naked...it doesn't help me...I get worse...I mean imagine the awkwardness of standing in Church and all the people in it are naked apart from you...where would you look? would you have to pretend like in the Emperor's New Clothes that you hadn't noticed? Should you offer them some clothes from the charity shop? And where would people put their epaulettes?
So I wouldn't use this technique if I were you..
....oh dear I have just realised that you might remember this when u lead the service Sunday and mighntn't be able to help yourself and u might end up laughing and when peole ask why u won't be able to tell them ...sorry ...I don't know why people think this is a good technique...
Hiya Rhonda
I'll be thinking of u tomorrow, I'm leading the meeting at ours too, but someone else is giving the message. You wrote that people listen more at Poplar, thats unnverving cos you know that whatever you say they will be soaking up and thinking about all week, so it had better be right eh..the thing I don't like is that certain people don't even turn up when they know I'm doing the meeting lol.. its nice to be popular haha.
take care
Love Linz
Post a Comment