Wednesday, January 18

What's been happening

After finishing yesterdays post, I realised that I haven't posted since November last year, so here's a quick summary of December. The first weekend in December, I had my assessment conference. This is a weekend of interviews, written projects, and group work that I had to do as part of my application to become a Salvation Army officer. I was really nervous when I arrived, which didn't help, because I was also about ten minutes late, even though the college is only about half an hours drive away. But as the Saturday went on, I began to relax. There were a couple of the assessors that I knew, which helped me to relax, and also, I wasn't the last to arrive! The last person to arrive was a friend of mine, and so now I was happy. The weekend was so relaxing it was unbelievable. We had a timetable to let us know when our interviews were and where, but after that, it was up to us to organise our time to complete written work. My result from my assessment conference is that I have been recommended for training!

December is also the time of advent. So in true Salvation Army style, our little band was out carroling. But also, our Corps organises a meal on Christmas day,and also puts on some entertainment. The day is mainly for old people, or people who would be on their own on Christmas day. December seems to be a month of parties. The Kids club party was fancy dress, and I went as a bear. I was going to go as a reindeer, but we already had 2, so I opted for a bear. We also had a parent and toddlers party, and a Christmas meal for our Lunch Club and the volunteers, which went well. Christmas is such a busy time that if we're not careful, we lose sight of the reason we celebrate.

No comments: