Monday, January 23

The Future

I've been thinking this weekend about what my future has in store for me. I don't know what will happen to me tomorrow, never mind in 5 years time. I was at the welcome to the High Council (The group that meets together to elect the next General of The salvation Army) on saturday, and was wondering whether Bram and I would ever be on it. Now this sounds big headed, and at the minute I know that I don't have the skills to lead a whole territory, but who knows what has happened to the members in their lives to prepare them for this current moment in time. God can, and does use anyone who is willing to be used in any way for Him.

Another thing that I wonder about is overseas service. Bram is a qualified Psychiatrist, and so has specialist skills. All I can say is that I am willing to go wherever God sends us. God has a plan for our lives, and it says in Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.' (New Living Translation) It also says in Proverbs 16:9 "We make our own plans, but the Lord decides where we will go. " (CEV) This last verse is important because no matter what we plan, if God hasn't planned it, then we will fail.

No comments: