Wednesday, May 18

God's Scholar part 2!

The last time I blogged about being God's Scholar. Well, today, I tried to do some of my doctrine study. I was working at the local Salvation Army Detox Centre for Alcoholics and drug addicts, and thought that I might be able to do some of my study. It was nice and quiet so I thought I would do quite a bit of it. When I got down to it, I just couldn't study! It happens a lot when I try to study, I just can't concentrate. My mind wanders, then I know there is no point in trying to carry on studying. Today, my mind was wandering onto what I could do for my next sermon. I started thinking about being part of the body of Christ, and what I could say on the subject. This is all very well, but I was supposed to be looking into being fully sanctified. Oh well, perhaps I need to discipline myself more so that I will concentrate only on my study. After all, it is due in in about 13 days. Good job the essay only needs to be 600 words!

2 comments:

Eleanor Burne-Jones said...

Don't give up!

Rhonda Hayes said...

Hay thanks. Somehow, I don't think I have a choice in not giving up!!!