This weekend I decided that I needed to descale the kettle that we've got. We haven't had the kettle for long, maybe about 4 months, but it was looking a bit dirty inside. The trouble is that the kettle is glass so it looks worse than if you couldn't see inside it from the outside. I chose a glass kettle because I thought it would be nice to see the water bubbling inside. I hadn't thought about the limescale that would collect inside. So I put the descaling tablets in, and watched what happened. Miraculously, the limescale was lifting away. Within half an hour the kettle was clear again and looking like new.
It got me thinking about myself as a Christian. I work for The Salvation Army, and also am a uniform wearing soldier. People around me know that I am a Christian, but also a huge amount of people who I don't know also know me as a Christian. My life is like my glass kettle. When sin starts to creep in, people can see this, and like my dirty kettle, people are not attracted to what is inside, and don't want to know God, who has the power to makes me boil for Him. It is amazing to think that God has even more descaling tablets than any that you can buy. His tablets don't even take half an hour to get to work cleaning the sin from our lives!!!
What a Great and Gracious God we serve.
Tuesday, May 31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment