I am just recovering from a really good Easter. I spent Easter this year in Leek in Staffordshire with a group of Cadets and 2 college Officers. The theme of the weekend was The Big Hope. The events of the weekend were all supporting the theme. On Saturday we had an outreach event in the town centre giving out leaflets, colouring pages for the children, Face painting and distributing Hot Cross Buns. As I think back at this outreach, I can see the theme of hope coming through. We gave the people hope that The Salvation Army is not just after their money. We want to offer them friendship, and much more than that, we can point them in the direction of the Giver of all Hope, God.
Saturday evening was the youth event. The Youth leaders took the young people through the events of the last 4 days of Easter. Us Cadets led them through the resurrection section reminding them that because of the resurrection they can receive life in all it's fullness.
Sunday morning was Sunday School which was led by our group. This was on the theme of Mission Impossible and ended with the reminder that with God, the Easter story became Mission Possible. I led part of the morning that followed Sunday School. I felt that I made a few mistakes during this meeting, but I was told by the college officer to be myself and so I was. At least the people of Leek can see that we are not perfect!
The evening meeting was led by the rest of the group and they were really good and led us into God's presence in a good way. I feel that God blessed our ministry this weekend, and through this He also blessed me and I hope that He blessed the others as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment