We had a time of sharing in college yesterday about what insights we had gained from reading and thinking about Habbakuk 3:17-19. It says, "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights" (New International Version). Everyone else was saying about how they should praise God in the difficult times of their lives, but I was thinking about my time at Poplar when the same people kept coming in for food parcels, with the same problems, and no matter what I did to help them they did not change, and how I should still show God to them by my actions despite them not changing.
Another example of my thinking differently to everyone else was last week when we talked about what the Christmas story had said to them this year. They were all talking about the Shepherds, and the wise men, and I was thinking about how the Christmas story is one of pain. Maybe I just like to think differently to everyone else, or maybe I am not capable of being normal.
Thursday, January 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes u r weird...but u will continue from this summer to be weird in Wellyn garden city or some such place and u no its ok to be weird...everyone is really...just in a different way...thats what's special about us...our weirdness...or surely we would all be the same and life would be boring...I personally like the term "freak"...I love to be called a freak...it means I'm not a sheep...just baa-ing along with the rest...yes there are worse things in life than being weird...like a sheep or wolf or even wolf in sheeps clothing...now the shepherd or the sheepdog...that's what I'd aim for!
We can be wierd together. Because I can relate to this post.
Nice to know that you keep the blog up.
Thomas
Post a Comment