Wednesday, October 3

Welcome Back to PIP

Monday I started back to my PIP, which is my Personal Initiative Project that I have to do whilst in College. This is something that I really enjoy. I work with 9 - 13 year olds at the Youth Club at Poplar Salvation Army. I have been away from the Corps for 3 months because of my summer appointment, but walking into the youth club on Monday evening it seemed like I had never been away.

I did what I enjoy doing, and was on the door, taking the kids money and signing them all in. This week I saw some kids that I hadn't seen for over a year, but for some reason they remembered me!

One of the main reasons that I particularly enjoyed club this week was because it was such a happy place. I saw a glimpse of heaven lived out on earth in the heart of Poplar. It was beautiful. I think for the first time since doing club I could see God's hand in the work that we were doing. We weren't praying, we weren't praying, we weren't preaching, and I don't think that God was mentioned at all all evening, but He was definitely there with us.

No comments: