The Bible makes me laugh sometimes. I’m not sure if I should really be laughing at God’s holy word, but this story really made me laugh. It’s in 2 Kings 2:23-25. “Elisha left Jericho and went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, a group of boys from the town began mocking and making fun of him. “Go away, baldy!” they chanted. “Go away, baldy!” Elisha turned around and looked at them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of them. From there Elisha went to Mount Carmel and finally returned to Samaria.” It’s really good having such an extensive range of books at the library at the Training College. We have a lot of bible commentaries, and after reading a few of these say that this story illustrates that you shouldn’t mock God’s prophets. This reminds me of when I worked in a supermarket before I got married. Sometimes people would ridicule me. Not for my beliefs or anything, but as a joke. I used to laugh along with them but never cursed them as Elisha did, but something bad would always happen to them after they had ridiculed me! Am I a prophet???
Monday, January 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would say so!
I think GOD has quite a good sense of humour and often makes me fll over just so he can have a laugh.
But don't worry I will pay him back!
Oh NO, did I just threaten GOD!
Post a Comment