I have come back from The Salvation Army territorial congress held in Harrogate, Yorkshire. It was really good to be among old friends and fellow Salvationists. I was touched (or affected) by two things. They were 1. The testimony of the man who is reaching out to the people of Harrogate. He goes out every Friday evening reaching out to the clubbers, speaking to them and being Jesus to them. I am always saddened by reports of another Corps closing, and this man is restarting the work here, so my prayers are with him as he does this difficult work. The second thing was the buzz of fellowship before the meetings started.
The Territorial Commanders were their usual passionate selfs. It is really good that we have such passionate people in charge of our territory, and every time I hear them they inspire me. It is just what this territory needs, a bit of fire in their belly! As the song says "give us faith O Lord we pray, faith for greater things" Bring it on Lord!
The Territorial Commanders were their usual passionate selfs. It is really good that we have such passionate people in charge of our territory, and every time I hear them they inspire me. It is just what this territory needs, a bit of fire in their belly! As the song says "give us faith O Lord we pray, faith for greater things" Bring it on Lord!
2 comments:
Hey!
This is the second blog I have read today and the subject was on the congress!
Hope it went well and you were missed very much at Poplar!
Thanks a lot for the encouraging comments on my blog!
See you soon!
Hey Rhonda!
Your life is way more interesting than one post every week or two. Hows life...blog about it!
Post a Comment