Sunday, September 24

My Part In History



I have been really into Salvation Army history this past few days. I think that this started because I am the historical site of the Training College. As I mentioned in my last post I touched the wall of my room at the college and thought about the Cadets who had been in there before me. Today, as I walked up the stairs to my room I allowed my hand to touch the railings of the stairs as I walked up them, and thought again of my predecessors. For some reason I have just started using my touch to help me to think about such things.

Yesterday I went to William Booth's grave in Abney Park cemetery. The picture here is of the grave. I got it from www.salvationarmy.org.uk. As I stood looking at this grave, I kind of had a strange feeling inside of me. Here was the grave of an ordinary man, but it was because of him and his obedience to God's leading that I have found myself in the Training College. I know that William Booth was not perfect, but then neither am I. We are just ordinary people. I wonder where my obedience will lead me.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Really enjoyed this post Rhonda!

I often find different ways to appreiciate GODS wonderful presence and perhaps you feeling things is a new way for you!

God Bless!

Wendy said...

I still feel the same, even now, when I see the worn out stairs in the admin block. I can't help thinking of all those cadets and staff over the years who have walked the same route as me. I hope you enjoy College. I know I've changed in so many ways over the past twelve months, but still managed to be me! Don't ever lose that.