Sunday, July 16

Saying Goodbye.

I had a great day today at the Army. We said goodbye to the Cotterills, and Bram played along with everything that I suggested to him! I missed out on the meeting which was the main farewell because of problems with Greig House clients, so my highlights have to be times after the meeting. I am going to admit something now that I would get into trouble for saying at the corps. I love The Salvation and all it's little quirks, like marching in time, and anything that involves the Army flag! There, I've said it. I can say it now, because I won't be seeing the Cotterills again until September. (Oh dear! They will be my Spiritual Programme Directors. I'd better be careful or they will give me all the nasty jobs in college)

The reason I admitted that was because I encouraged Bram to use the Corps flag on two occasions today. The children were waving little brightly coloured flags and so I got Bram to wave the big Corps flag. I got spotted telling him to do it! Hmm, I need to be a bit more subtle next time. The next was a guard of honour for the Cotterill family with Bram holding the flag, Me, and our Cadets on placement saluting them out. It was Brilliant! I hope I get saluted out on the morning of my divisional farewell because the next time I go into the hall after the farewell I will be a Cadet!

Anyway, it was a great day, and I really hope that the Corps will give the new CO a chance to fit in with us. God has a perfect plan for Poplar Salvation Army, even though we won't always agree with Him. Something else I need to add is that although I do love The Salvation Army, the only reason that I am a member of it is because of my love my for God and the desire to do His will, which I believe for me is to be a part of The Salvation Army.

No comments: