
I've not long come back from a Salvation Army holiday at Butlins, Bognor Regis, and I am really really tired! I really don't know what I've done all week except band practice, going to band and songster festivals, and the late night sing a long. I got out of bed around 8 am and didn't go to bed until after midnight. This is highly unusual for me because I'm usually in bed around 10pm.
I don't think there was an official theme for the week, but one that kept coming up was evangelism. I think it's all too easy to get fired up for evangelism, but it's a lot more difficult to actually do it when you're back home in familiar surroundings with people you actually know. I don't really have this problem because my job involves being there for people in my community when they need me most, but I wonder how many of the people will actually do anything about what they've learnt at Butlins. During the Sunday meetings I felt encouraged that old people were going forward to pray at the front in response to God's promptings. Throughout my life I've always had the impression that old people either have their spiritual lives sorted out with God or just not bothered about Him. I'm glad that this has been shown as not always being the case.
No comments:
Post a Comment