Tuesday, August 16

What a day!

I'm glad today is nearly over! My church ministers are away, and so are the trainee ministers. (I think that's a correct term for them) This means that I'm in charge at church during the mornings because I'm the paid community worker in church. The morning was going quite well until a man who comes in regularly for help came in. He seems to have latched onto me which is quite scary. He comes in asking for me. Usually I will get one of the other workers to deal with him. (This is because he once asked me out for a meal after I gave him a food parcel and my husband said that I needed to keep my distance with him.) He tried to get my sympathy by kissing my hand which I pulled out of his grip quickly! I gave him what he wanted and he was on his way. It's funny how this kind of made me feel that my day wasn't going so well.

I then had to lead Mid Week worship. This a midweek service for anyone who wants to attend. This didn't last as long as I wanted it to, and two people fell asleep during it! Oh dear.

No comments: