Friday, July 27

I'm a second year

Today, I have been thinking about what being a second year Cadet is all about. So here are a few of my thoughts.
1. I will be a commissioned officer of The Salvation Army in 48 weeks.
2. My essays will be longer.
3. God loves me just as much today as He did the day I entered the training college nearly 1 year ago.
4. Expectations will be higher of my ability to lead meetings.
5. My shoulders are a little heavier (2nd year Cadets have 2 bars on their epaulets, 1st years have 1).

My hopes for the coming year are -
  • I will grow in my relationship with God.
  • I will grow in my knowledge of God.
  • I will be the best person that I can be for God.
  • I will develop into the best Salvation Army officer that I can be.

No comments: