Friday, October 14
What a week!!!!
I'm glad it's Friday because it's been such a strange, busy week. It started with Patrick stealing the show in church on Saturday evening with his rendition of Now The Day Is Over, then he got all excited and threw a cake at Kate for spoiling his fun on Sunday, then has been angry all week. One of our other characters turned up at the end of the service on Sunday morning dressed in the classic style of an excentric English Gentleman complete with cravat, and Handkerchief coming out of his top pocket! I couldn't look at him, never mind talk to him I was so amused by him!!! The week has got busier and busier, and crazier, and crazier! It finished with me cooking the breakfasts and dinner yesterday for the breakfast cafe and Luncheon Club. We were so busy yesterday that people couldn't get into the car park with their prams and we had to open the side gate. I couldn't understand how I was managing to keep so calm. It wasn't until I was in bed last night thinking about the day that I realised that God was keeping me calm helping me to cope with the all the busyness of cooking breakfasts, setting up the room for Parent and Toddlers, and everything else that the day was bringing. God wasn't making Himself known, but He was there with me and with everything that we were doing in His name. I guess when we ask Him to be with us we expect Him, but when He turns up unnanounced, we don't always realise He was here until afterwards. I'm so glad that I am able to do what I do, no two days are ever the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment